This post may contain affiliate links that I may receive a commission from if you click & buy. In addition, the information on this site is NOT intended to be medical advice. See my full policy for more information.
Parenting little ones is hard work. Between the lack of sleep that comes during the infant days to the navigating big feelings throughout toddlerhood. Sometimes, we parents need our own gentle reminders that we’re doing a great job (even when it feels like we’re drowning). These empowering parenting affirmations will help reassure you’re doing a wonderful job!
I remember the first time I had ever learned about the power of affirmations, was during my pregnancy. I would read pregnancy affirmations to start my morning as a way of starting the day off on the right foot.
Affirmations aren’t for everyone, though. Some simply don’t find them helpful and that is perfectly ok. If you want to learn more about positive parenting affirmations and how they can help you feel at peace with day-to-day parenting life, keep on reading!
What are Positive Parenting Affirmations?
Positive parenting affirmations are positive statements or phrases to help reinforce positive thinking and mindfulness. In turn, boosts your confidence as a parent — helping you to remember you are literally capable of handling the hard days of raising little ones (because you totally are).
Here are some examples of positive affirmations for parents:
- Today was tough, but I can handle tough situations.
- I am the best parent for my children.
- It’s okay to take time for myself and refill my cup, too.
- I will show up best for my children when I show up best for myself.
How to use Positive Affirmations for Parents
One of the easiest ways to use positive affirmations is to make or buy affirmation cards. This way, you can keep the cards in easy-to-read locations. Such as your purse, the diaper bag, in the car, in your nightstand, or in areas you are likely to have a frustrating moment with your child and need that positive reassurance that you’re doing an awesome job.
Another great way is to practice reading your affirmations first thing in the morning, just before going to bed, or both. It’s a great way to kick the negative self-talk and replace it with a more positive mindset.
Bad days will come and go — it’s part of the territory. Using affirmations to reinforce positive thoughts won’t just help alleviate excess stress, but it’ll make you a better parent without even trying. Remember, your mental health matter too.
15 Positive Parenting Affirmations
These are my 15 FAVORITE parenting affirmations for any parent looking to incorporate more mindfulness in their parenting life.
- Chaos cannot break me as I am capable of being calm.
- I am a wonderful parent to my child/children.
- It is okay to take time for myself.
- A bad day or two doesn’t make be a bad parent.
- I am human, I have a threshold.
- My mistakes are an opportunity to learn and teach.
- I am a good role model for my child/children.
- I am the safest space for my child and their big feelings.
- My children feel comfortable and trust me, it’s the greatest gift.
- I will parent with intentions to connect, listen, learn, and grow.
- The hard days of parenting will pass.
- Perfection is not the key to being the best parent.
- Connection is more important than perfection.
- I am capable of setting and holding boundaries for my children.
- I will meet my child where his or her needs are at.
Navigating the messy seasons of parenting can leave us feeling drained and depleted. The use of empowering parenting affirmations (like the ones above) can help.
10 Positive Affirmations for Mothers
Below are my 10 favorite positive affirmations for mothers (especially if you’re a new mom).
- My parenting decisions are what’s best for my child and don’t need an explanation.
- I show up the best I can and that’s enough.
- My needs are important too.
- I do not need to be a “perfect” mother.
- I do not need to compare my motherhood to anyone elses, mine is just right.
- I will forgive myself for losing my patience today.
- I will always choose to love kindly and firecely.
- Asking for help shows I’m confident and strong enough to ask for the things I need.
- I’m a good mom — no, I’m a great mom.
- I was made for this challenge, I love my child.
10 Positive Affirmations for Single Moms
Parenting children is tough, parenting a child alone brings a new set of challenges. These are my favorite positive affirmations for single moms if you need a little more positivity and reassurance in your life.
- I am a strong mother.
- I don’t have to love every minute of motherhood to know I’m a wonderful mom.
- Some days will be hard, but I can do this.
- It takes bravery and courage to mother alone.
- My child is safe, loved, and cared for because of me.
- I can’t always do it alone and it’s ok to admit that.
- My past doesn’t define the type of mother I am.
- My situation doesn’t define my motherhood journey.
- I am enough for my child and myself.
- I will love wholeheartedly and be loved wholeheartedly.
Whether you’re looking for positive parenting affirmations for new parents, affirmations for moms, or any other type of affirmation — you’ll be glad to know they’re pretty easy to make up yourself too!
Start with “I am ___(insert positive descriptive word here)___”. Then, continue to branch off of that thought and jot down whatever else positive comes to mind.
Positive affirmations are a wonderful tool to help with reframing constant negative thoughts that can lead to doubt and frustration. Especially, as parents. Hopefully, these positive parenting affirmations were helpful.
What are some of your favorite parenting affirmations? Drop them in a comment below.
Read more motherhood articles here: