This post may contain affiliate links that I may receive a commission from if you click & buy. In addition, the information on this site is NOT intended to be medical advice. See my full policy for more information.
Looking for a baby led weaning recipe that’s filled with lean proteins, different texture and a delicious taste for your little one?
Then look no further because my Easy Baked Avocado-Turkey Meatballs are DELICIOUS!
Not only are they simple and easy to make, but you can totally take them up a notch for your own meals if you prefer bulk-meal prepping!
Of all the baby lead weaning meat dishes out there, these meatballs are my son’s favorite!
Side note – If you’re not quite ready to start solid foods like this one, you can also try Purees! One of my FAVORITE brand of Pureed foods for little is by Little Spoon! I absolutely love them because they make fresh quality foods for your baby AND deliver it fresh to your door!
A great way to get some extra protein with this ground turkey recipe for baby!
Not to mention, when cooking baby-led weaning foods by age, this recipe is PERFECT for 6 months and older!
In the beginning stages of transitioning to solids, you’ll want to feed soft larger items so your baby can grab and eat without choking.
As they get bigger, you can cut the pieces smaller to help them initiate their princer grasp!
And as they move into their toddler years, you can add even more flavor to this basic recipe making it the perfect toddler-friendly meatballs!
p.s. If your baby is still breastfeeding or exclusively pumping, you’ll definitely want to check out this YUMMY cookbook for breastfeeding mamas!
Recommended Post >>> How to Start Baby Led Weaning <<<
Easy Baked Avocado Turkey Meatballs make for an easy Baby Led Weaning Recipe!
Avocado-Turkey Meatballs Baby-Led Weaning Recipe:
- 1/2-1 lb lean or extra lean ground turkey
- 2 whole carrots (shredded)
- 1/2 small avocado (diced into small cubes)
- Seasoning(s) of choice
- Non-Stick Cooking Oil
- Non-stick cookie sheet
Avocado-Turkey Meatballs BLW Prep + Cook:
1) Preheat Oven to 375 degreed Fahrenheit
2) Shred carrots + dice avocados and place them into a bowl.
3) Add in ground turkey and mix well.
4) Add seasonings of choice (I used cajun, a pinch of garlic salt and a small amount of pepper) and mix well.
5) Spray cookie sheet with non-stick oil (or cover in foil). We recently got new cookie sheets and they bake SO good & even!
6) Form small-medium sized meatballs and place on sheet. Once the oven is heated, place into the oven for 16-20 mins, turning meatballs over halfway through.
7) Cook until lightly brown on the outside & internal temp is at least 165 degrees F.
**It’s important to always confirm the internal temperature of cooked meat, especially when it comes down to offering it to your baby, we use this cooking thermometer and LOVE it!**
If you really want to take things up a notch or just alter this recipe so that you can have more variety, try it with ground beef!
I’ve used lean ground beef as an alternative and found these meatballs come out so juicy and tender — making it also a great beef recipe for baby!
Just remember when cooking with beef you should make sure it is FULLY cooked throughout (reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees).
♥ Other posts you’ll LOVE:
>>> Baby/Toddler Peanut Butter Pancakes
>>> How to get your picky toddler to eat more veggies!
>>> Helpful programs for NEW MOMS
>>> How to make a DIY Postpartum Care Kit
I hope your baby or toddler enjoys this super easy Baby Led Weaning Meatball Recipe!
Make sure to SAVE it to your favorite Pinterest board!